The Melba Team is PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions’ applied research division. Project Melba is a new simulation engine being built from the ground up, utilizing data-driven design, multi-core processing and machine learning at its foundation in order to power virtual worlds on a scale beyond the capabilities of current technology.As a Research Director, you will be working to incorporate cutting edge technology into a brand-new engine designed to power large-scale simulations. As part of the Melba Team, you will be joining a team of other developers and researchers approaching problems from new angles and experimenting with novel solutions.
- Exploring and developing new Machine Learning models and techniques.
- Constantly reviewing relevant Machine Learning literature to identify emerging methods or technologies and current best practices.
- Introduces creative approaches to research topics and generates new approaches, perspectives and solutions to research topics.
- Defining and executing research projects.
- Working closely with games developers to design, develop and incorporate AI solutions into their production.